Have you got tired from memorizing word lists and doing mundane listening tests? Now you can practice your listening and vocabulary skills in an entertaining way: by watching TV series in English! We propose 5+1 different series for every taste, ranging from comedies to crime series!
- IT Crowd. The adventures of three staff members of the IT department, one of whom doesn’t even know what the internet is, will make you laugh to tears.
- Skins. Skins is a teenage drama series that follows the lives of a group of teenagers in Bristol through their final two years of school. The series is quite realistic and succeeds in bringing back a taste of high school life.
- The Night Manager. Based on a novel, this short series tells the story of a night manager of a Cairo hotel who gets recruited to infiltrate an arms dealer’s inner circle
- Luther. Luther, named after its main character, follows the adventures of a dedicated police officer who also has a dark side.
- Peaky Blinders. This is a crime drama set in 1919, in Birmingham and it follows the exploits of the Shelby crime family. Peaky Blinders has become very popular in the recent years.
Probably one of the most famous sci-fi anthology series that consists of standalone episodes exploring unexpected consequences of new technology.
Remember, to make the most out of the series that you are watching, you need to pay attention to the vocabulary and the expressions used! Enjoy!